Bubble Magus Curve 29 Protein Skimmer is a powerful aquarium filtration device suited for tanks up to 660 gallons. It thoroughly removes unwanted organic compounds in your tank such as food and animal waste. The BM Curve is specially designed to have a narrow neck to maximize skimming power and to ensure that there’s less tension in the skimmer when bubbles rise up. Do not worry about noise because there won’t be any! The Bubble Magus Curve 29 Protein Skimmer is a must if you want to maintain a clean and safe tank for your beloved organisms.
The Curve 29 skimmer has all the right features to make a great skimmer. These features include: a needle wheel pump with a venturi intake that produces just the right amount and size of air bubbles, a bubble plate to reduce the turbulence in the reaction chamber, a innovative `curve` skimmer body that allow the foam to smoothly rise to the collection cup, an air silencer to ensure quiet operation, a quick-release collection cup and skimmer body for easy cleaning, a collection cup drain to reduce maintenance frequency, and lastly, a compact footprint that allows easy installation.
- Pump : ROCK SP 4000 x 2
- Power : 40 watts
- Air Intake : 1800 L/H
- Dimensions (L x B x H): 45 x 40 x 66 cm or 17.7 x 14.96 x 25.59 Inches
- Suitable Tank Size: 1000 – 2500 liter or 265 – 660 Gallons
- Recommended Water Level : 9.85 – 10.63 Inches
- Also have including :
- A suit of collection cup
- A suit of skimmer body
- A suit of leading box, a suit of drain water system
- One air intake tube
- One air intake kit
- User manual.
1. Leading box：Please fix bottom board of leading box to water pump by outlet screw, keep central hole of leading box in line with pump center, then install leading box to bottom board by long Nylon screw. (Notice: the part without hole of leading box’s cover should be in line with pump’s outlet).
2. Install water pump: Please loosen the bottom board screw and open clamp, and then lift it up apart body from bottom board. Insert water pump with leading box to installation board.
3. Put skimmer body on bottom board, revolve tightly screw of bottom board. Insert air intake kit to pump’s inlet, air inlet up, insert air intake tube into air entered hole of air intake kit, other end connect to muffler.
4. Put collection cup on collection neck of skimmer body.
5. After Installation put it into water, insert pump’s plug in the socket, adjust water output tube to control bubble’s height, thus it can be used.
Points to be checked before starting the Protein Skimmer:
1. Please make sure full water in the water pump before start it, Prohibit pump operate without water.
2. If installation is correct, it should appear much bubble quickly when pump start up. If no bubble or pump makes a noise or strenuous shake, please stop and restart up. If it can’t solve the problem, please contact dealer or our technology person.
3. Every product tested before leaving factory, so some water blob maybe leave on it. It’s not used vestige and wouldn’t affect use.
4. Just start to use a few days its result maybe is no very good, this is a normal phenomenon. After a few days it can be normal working, if washing completely skimmer inside, this time will be reduced.
5. Please adjust bubble level according to aquarium’s pollute. Don’t adjust water level too high avoid water quality fluctuate cause much water effused.
6. Please wash collection cup at the fixed date, if sludge heaped inside the collection neck it will affect used result. Suggest cleaning skimmer body and pump every one or two month, don’t use chemical to clean protein skimmer.
7. Suggest water level for exterior of protein skimmer around 25～27 cm.